Google+

Thursday 12 September 2013

Antique Shopping

I do love hunting for a gorgeous vintage find in antique shops!
Today, I found these real, framed, mounted butterflies; for an incredible price too! It's great to look in the antique shops that have everything a bit jumbled together rather than being all clinically organised, filed and catalogued, as you're able to find far better bargains. Often, the owners are more traders than antique experts and miss a trick by not doing their research on the item. 
Ethically, I wouldn't encourage the sale of these if they are made new, so it is important to check it looks genuinely old and antique. 
It's also great when they have their names and latin names on too like here. Beautiful education. 

 
Keep checking back on my blog for my future finds and lots more!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...