Google+

Monday 9 June 2014

OOTD - H&M Summer Dress

Sweetheart Fashion H&M Summer Dress
Sunglasses - Gucci
Dress - H&M

This is one of my favourite summer dresses I bought a few years ago from H&M but it's perfect to wear again and again. Cheap or expensive, if you can find a summer dress you love it's worth the money for the amount of wear you can get out of them. If it's light or pastel coloured and/or floral it'll be in every year and ideal for so many summer events.

Sweetheart Fashion H&M Summer Dress
Sunglasses - Gucci
Dress - H&M

I love this dress so much, not only due to it's wonderful pastel colours, but also its amazing cut and design. The skirt is light, floaty and most of all huge so there's plenty of fabric to play around with. The light fabric flows beautifully in the wind and the layers add a great extra dimension. There are three layers of fabric that make up the skirt and I like how they've dedicated the middle one to just being a lovely pastel pink. It really makes the dress and the layers stand out.

Sweetheart Fashion H&M Summer Dress
Sunglasses - Gucci
Dress - H&M

The uneven cut in each layer as it falls adds great texture and a dreamy, free feel, as if creating your own breeze. As you can see, I have a small chest and so the frills on the front at the top can add the illusion of volume and detract from it. The bold print also really complements the dress' style and gives it a really fun feel to it.

Sweetheart Fashion H&M Summer Dress
Dress - H&M

What I love about summer maxi dresses is you can dress them up with chic accessories for special occasions such as weddings or events; or wear alone or with bohemian style accessories for casual day at the beach or park. This is particularly advantageous when on holiday! You could wear it over your bikini for the beach or pool but then add come cute accessories for dinner in the restaurant and evening entertainment another day. Definitely saves vital room in your suitcase. 

What's your favourite summer dress? Send me a link!

Don't forget to enter my amazing giveaway to win your very own, custom design, A4, chic puppy painting! Enter HERE!

xoxo

Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovin', PolyvoreLookbook and We Heart It



5 comments:

  1. Amazing dress!x

    http://in-my-fashion-pocket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same exact dress and I love it except for I'm having trouble trying to figure out how you're supposed to tie the straps so if you could please help me

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...