Google+

Wednesday 25 June 2014

OOTD - Zara florals

Sunglasses - Gucci
Earrings - Accessorize
Top - Zara
Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Call it Spring

Today it was quite overcast for most of the day so I wore trousers instead of shorts or a dress like I have recently. I wasn't about to forget about summer though and thought I'd go for double florals. As I've recommended in previous posts, it's a good idea when wearing a floral top or trousers to have the other a plain colour to help your florals stand out. But these florals are so similar in tone and pattern, I felt they go really well together and added extra brightness to the gloomy day.

Sunglasses - Gucci
Earrings - Accessorize
Top - Zara
Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Call it Spring

These are one of my all time favourite trousers from Zara and you can see why. They're from their AW'13 collection so unfortunately not available still but look gorgeous for summer or winter. The bright oranges and blue hues make them great as autumnal trousers but they're also bright and floral enough for summer. The bright burning oranges remind me of a summer setting sun. They're really comfortable to wear as well and great quality. These, as you may be able to tell from the pictures, are straight leg trousers and so aren't too tight for the summer heat and catch a breeze nicely.

Sunglasses - Gucci
Earrings - Accessorize
Top - Zara
Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Call it Spring

The top is also from Zara and is from their SS'13 collection last year. I was sad to see that they didn't do anything similar or with a beautiful pattern this year to be honest, I was hugely anticipating that after last year's explosion of florals, birds and colours. Now I wish I had had the money to buy them all. But I do have this top and it really is a beauty. I've been stopped countless times in the street with people asking where I got it from. It's made up of tiny birds and big plush flowers which is a very unique and unusual design but goes together really well and really makes it stand out.

Sunglasses - Gucci
Earrings - Accessorize
Top - Zara
Trousers - Zara
Shoes - Call it Spring

The top is made of a super light weight and delicate chiffon fabric which is ideal for spring and summer being so floaty. It is however very see-through so make sure you're wearing something underneath with a top like this!
The cross over is a unique design too, I don't often see it and assumed at first that it would be very unflattering as it puffs out at the bottom. But in actual fact, the light fabric actually makes it look highly flattering and has quickly become my go-to top for important or smart/casual occasions too.

What's your favourite floral outfit?

*Don't forget to enter my amazing giveaway to win your very own, custom design, A4, chic puppy painting! Enter HERE!*

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on my post. I really enjoy reading them and always reply! Do not forget to link back to your blog, I love reading them and following xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...